If you or your child has difficulty with reading, understanding what you have read, or focusing your attention, there is finally a true correction available!
The most widely used correction program for dyslexia in the world, the revolutionary Davis® Dyslexia Correction Program is being offered by Reading Solution of Central Illinois for the first time in Illinois south of Chicago.
WHAT IS REVOLUTIONARY ABOUT THIS PROGRAM?
- It was created by a dyslexic, Ronald D. Davis, a dyslexic who is an artist and engineer. Who better to understand and discover the correction for dyslexia?
- It allows dyslexics for the first time to understand themselves - why they are special, how their unique gifts are valuable and should be celebrated and enhanced, and how those same gifts can prevent, as well as cause, each of their dyslexic symptoms. Confidence and self-esteem soar from this understanding.
- It corrects the dyslexia by eliminating its cause. It defines that cause in a way which clearly explains each of the many symptoms of dyslexia. Confusions from inaccurate seeing, listening, balance/movement, time sense, and attention are controlled and eliminated.
- Its facilitators are highly trained and must be licensed, requiring over 500 hours of training by specialists, in addition to numerous actual case study programs with dyslexics.
- Clients receive the necessary "tools" for correction during a 30-hour program over five consecutive days, eliminating the once or twice weekly trips over several years that have been required by many other methods. Family members are trained to support the client in the nine months to two years of essential, fun follow-up at home to complete the correction. Facilitators remain available for help and advice.
- The methods are fun! Rather than repetitive drills on the client's weaknesses, the clients play with their visual and imaginative gifts as they affect the correction themselves.
- It works! It has a 97% success rate after completing the home follow-up.
UPCOMING EVENTS...JOIN US!
Hosted by Susan Smarjesse of Reading Solution of Central Illinois, this meeting is open to the public and is a fun and helpful way to better understand the gifts and challenges experienced by picture-thinkers.
This informal meeting will take place on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
To register, leave a detailed message at: 217-789-READ (7323) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and date of session that you would like attend.
Former clients are invited to come together for Symbol Mastery claying, dictionary games, and refreshments!
Join us from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month!
All of these special events are held at Reading Solution's Spring Street office. RSVP is required.
Reading Solution's office suite at 920 S. Spring St. (above) welcomes groups of all sizes, yet provides plenty of privacy.
DEFINING DYSLEXIA - THINKING WITH PICTURES
What distinguishes dyslexics is their style of thinking and learning - using mental pictures for thinking rather than the sound of words. Picture-thinkers simply think with a unique style which is often 400 to 2000 times faster and far more complete and complex than sound-thinkers. In fact, with their incredible problem-solving gifts and intuitive visions, it may be a dyslexic who will save our planet! They can succeed BECAUSE of their dyslexia, not in spite of it!
CORRECTING DYSLEXIA THE DAVIS® WAY
While many other programs address only the symptoms of dyslexia, using tedious drill and repetition in a futile attempt to have a picture-thinker give meaning to a word by "saying" its sound - the Davis method has found the cause and uses the picture-thinker's strengths and gifts to eliminate the negative confusions while retaining the incredible abilities.
After one week, clients leave our program proud of their unique abilities, fully understanding how their incredible learning style works, and able to focus and control their perception while reading, listening, writing, and giving attention.
Ron Davis overcame his obstacles and found the key to unlocking his own learning disability (hear his story on YouTube!). He has since changed the lives of thousands of people in over 40 countries who, like him, believed in their own potential despite what others perceived.