Reading Solution is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available to us when you visit ReadingSolution.com as well our pages on other sites (such as Reading Solution profiles on social networks).
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the policy shall not apply retroactively.
- Information Received and Stored by Reading Solution when you visit ReadingSolution.com
1.1 Basic Information
When a computer is used to access information on ReadingSolution.com, the following basic information is automatically received and stored by web servers hosting ReadingSolution.com:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting ReadingSolution.com, to send it content and other information;
- The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”);
- The date, time, and duration of a website visit;
- If a computer accesses a page on ReadingSolution.com via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non- ReadingSolution.com page;
- Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1);
- The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from ReadingSolution.com; and
- The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from ReadingSolution.com to a computer.
Reading Solution does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how ReadingSolution.com is used. We retain this information for a year—for example, server logs from December 2020 will be deleted in December 2021. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose this information to persons or organizations outside Reading Solution.
1.2 Website Measurement and Customization Technologies (E.g., Cookies)
1.2.1 First-party (ReadingSolution.com) Website Measurement and Customization Technologies
Reading Solution uses web measurement and customization technologies to make ReadingSolution.com function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using the website. This means that when you visit a page on ReadingSolution.com, the internet browser on your computer may download and save a small file from ReadingSolution.com (commonly called a “cookie”) so that our website can recognize your specific computer and browser when you use ReadingSolution.com in the future. Reading Solution does not use technologies that track your interactions on non-ReadingSolution.com websites. These technologies fall into two categories, based on the length of time they remain active:
- Single-session cookies last only as long as a web browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the data files on your computer are deleted. Session cookies are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through the site, facilitating the use of user accounts, and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used.
- Multi-session cookies last beyond a single session of browsing a website; this allows a website to recognize a computer or user for defined amount of time. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited ReadingSolution.com, which can improve a user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits. ReadingSolution.com may use the first-party persistent cookies. For example, when a visitor views a welcome, or ‘splash,’ page, ReadingSolution.com may set a persistent cookie to prevent them from seeing that page repeatedly. This cookie does not collect personal identifying information. ReadingSolution.com may also set other persistent cookies to measure website metrics, such as which pages are popular and how often people visit the website. These cookies do not collect personal identifying information.
These cookies collect information similar to that automatically received and stored on the servers hosting ReadingSolution.com; they do not collect personal identifying information. Reading Solution generally does not access or store the raw information collected through these cookies. We do view aggregate statistical analyses prepared by our third-party analytics provider, but these analyses do not include any personally identifiable information. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose this information to persons or organizations outside Reading Solution . As explained below, you can control website measurement and customization technologies on ReadingSolution.com .
1.2.2 Third-party Website Measurement and Customization Technologies
Some pages on ReadingSolution.com may include web content or functionality from third-parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-ReadingSolution.com services. For example, as of May 1st, 2020, content or functionality from the following third-parties may be present on some ReadingSolution.com pages:
For your convenience, this list will be updated on a regular basis to reflect the third-party providers of content or functionality that are commonly used on ReadingSolution.com.
These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information. We do not knowingly use third-party tools that place a multi-session cookie prior to the user interacting with the tool, for example by playing an embedded video. If you become aware of a third-party tool on ReadingSolution.com that places a multi-session cookie prior to any user interaction, please contact us.
1.2.3. How you can control website measurement and customization technologies
Visitors can control aspects of website measurement and customization technologies used on Reading olution.com. Visitors who choose to disable these technologies will still have access to comparable information and services on ReadingSolution.com.
One of the most common forms of website measurement and customization technologies is the use of “cookies.” You can choose not to accept cookies from any website, including ReadingSolution.com, by changing the settings of your browser. You can also delete cookies stored in your browser at any time.
For more information about cookies, including how to delete them from your computer and configure your browser to refuse them from Reading Solution.com or any other site, visit the following resources:
Another form of website measurement and customization technology is the use of “flash cookies” which are created by Adobe Flash, a technology that powers web content such as videos. ReadingSolution.com does not currently use first-party flash cookies, but they may be used by third party technologies included in ReadingSolution.com.
1.3 Personal Information that you Voluntarily Submit to ReadingSolution.com
If you choose to provide us with personal information, for example by completing a “Contact Us” form, signing up for our email list, or leaving a comment, we may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help us get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary and is not required to access information on ReadingSolution.com .
This information will likely be retained by Reading Solution until you request that the information be deleted. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose this information to persons or organizations outside Reading Solution.
1.4 ReadingSolution.com User Accounts
ReadingSolution.com includes features that may require users to create a user account in order to access their full functionality. Setting up an account requires the user to provide a valid email address and a first and last name. We use this information to communicate with you and to identify content you create with the account. The features that require a user account may set first-party session cookies to maintain a user’s login.
Some of the information provided to set up a user account (your name and zip code) and user-generated content created with the account may be treated as public information. We will not disclose, sell, rent, or exchange the email address you use to create your account to persons or organizations outside Reading Solution.
Data from Reading Solution user accounts are not associated with server logs or website analytics.
- Links on ReadingSolution.com to External Sites
ReadingSolution.com may contain links to web sites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations and individuals. ReadingSolution.com provides these links as a service to our users. When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving ReadingSolution.com and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site. ReadingSolution.com does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
3. Email Subscriptions and Updates
Reading Solution maintains lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of a Reading Solution email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our list subscribers to persons or organizations.
Messages sent from Reading Solution to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed. Our email analytics providers also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened, at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
4. Children and Privacy on ReadingSolution.com
We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please contact us.
5. Security of ReadingSolution.com
We take reasonable precautions to protect our site and information automatically collected by ReadingSolution.com or voluntarily submitted to ReadingSolution.com or a Reading Solution page on a third-party site. For example, we restrict access to information collected by or submitted to ReadingSolution.com or Reading Solution pages on third-party sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to Reading Solution accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staff who administer those accounts. We also utilize commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with ReadingSolution.com itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on ReadingSolution.com. We periodically review our processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for our website.
Published: May 1st, 2020.